Healthy & Delicious: Chicken & Feta Salad and Yoghurt Apple Dessert (Recipes)

18:24

 Hey Hey Hey!!! How are you?? I've been scattered but anyway, I've been getting back into healthy eating and being more conscious of my fitness of late. After months of binging with no exercise, picture mac & cheese, chocolate, milo, chips, burgers etc. Sexy I know. So I have been on a week detox just to get myself adjusted into portion controlled meals with snacks in between and tea. Do Cheese Doritos count as part of it??   One reason that I have gone off of the healthy stuff was basically because I got into my lazy ass groove and CBF. That and no exercise made me less motivated to get excited about trying new, healthy recipes.

You may be thinking, Salad?! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...plants!
But no! this is soooooooooo good I could keep eating it...FOREVER!

Chicken & Feta Salad (It's Yummas!)

     Ingredients:

  • 2 handfuls Salad leaves (any of your choice: spinach, lettuce, rocket etc).
  • 1/2 cup Shredded chicken (I bought a whole roasted chicken and skinned it).
  • 1/2 cup Sweet Corn.
  • 20g Feta (cubed).
  • Dressing of your choice (I used French Dressing) 
And Voilà! A delicious filling salad that also is health concious!  Now for dessert!! I was a bit sceptical at first but now I am in love with it because it fills my fresh, crisp and creamy need in a dessert.  


Yoghurt Apple Dessert

      Ingredients:
  • 2.5 Tbsp of 0% fat Plain Chobani Yoghurt (It's protein packed!!)
  • 1 tsp of stevia (it cuts the tartness of the yoghurt)
  • 1/2 tsp of cinnamon 
  • 1 red apple (I go for Red Delicious as it is sweet and crisp).
      Method:
  1. Dollop the yoghurt into a bowl and add the stevia and cinnamon.
  2. Mix it all really well so that both are evenly distributed through the yoghurt.
  3. Slice up the apple (de-coring the middle and seeds as you go)
  4. Place the apple in the bowl  
  5. and you're done! just eat with a fork to dip the apple slices more easily. 
AAAAAAnnnnnnnnndd there you have it! your healthy AND DELICIOUS dinner with dessert! In conjunction with healthy eating, exercise is always a must. If you haven't checked her out, I suggest Blogilates, +Cassey Ho  from the channel and blog has amazing targeted work outs which are challenging and fun! I did the Call Me Maybe Squat challenge and my legs have both retired and are filing for divorce from me. Also you can do this in the comfort of your own home. That way you won't feel weird doing this in front of people (I think you can pick up at the gym for doing some of these moves :P). 


Hopefully you will give these recipes a go and let me know what you think! 

Hugs, Kisses and 
Stay Classy Interwebs,

Tracy xo

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram