Product Review: SAX Cosmetics Lip Colour Lipsticks

18:25


Aloha dudes...although seeing as this is a beauty post, more likely, dudettes! I hope you're all well and enjoying the 2nd month of 2014....WAHHHHH-UUUUT??! I know right, this year is already zooming by. Hopefully not at the speed last year went and hopefully with more eventful and momentous memories and experiences. Anyway, I shall get onto the review.

(duh, come on Tracy, stop with the tangents...this IS a tangent...CRAP!)

So the other day I was walking past Terry White Chemist and I saw the on sale items and I was very intrigued to say the least. Well I actually walked past and internally flipped out and my insides collapsed. That is how much I love make up and beauty products. (I think I have a problem). So when I finally got the chance to spend 2 hours rummaging through the baskets, I found the beacon to my obsession with lip products. SAX Cosmetics. I settled on purchasing one lipstick, Sheer Petal.

Now, before I get into the reasons why I love these lipsticks, I need to explain my lip situation. I have sensitive, dry and pealing lips. They can be aggravated by a dry matte formula, certain glitters and formulas that are too hydrating because they make my lips peal and flake. Pretty much they're a b!tch.

So, when I was absolutely amazed at the Sheer Petal, I decided to buy 5 more of the colours that caught my eye.

The second the lipsick touched my lips, I knew that these were different to any other lip product I have tried. For the better. I was stoked, it glided on, gave perfect pigmentation, appearance and hydration. It isn't sticky or oily. It is a delightful in between which allows me to keep it on for longer without getting annoyed, frustrated or disappointed in how it feels and it's wear time. The description on the side of the box packaging explains and describes exactly how the product feels to me.

"A pigment-rich lipstick infused with nurturing ingredients that conditions the lips, leaving them feeling soft and supple. Creates the look of creamy velvety, full-bodied lips."

And includes nurturing ingredients like:
  • Calendula Oil
    Soothing, healing & anti inflammatory.
  • Evening Primrose Oil
    Moisturising, anti aging & repairing.
  • Jojoba Oil
    Emollient, Anti ageing and clinically proven to reduce skin dryness.
  • Vitamin E
    Antioxidant that protects & moisturises.
  • Candelilla & Beeswax
    Natural wax, water resistence.
  • Silk Powder
    Rich in amino acids, similar to those found in the skin. It is used as a moisture regulator by retaining moisture. It provides a light, silky feel and helps prevent dryness.
#25 Soft Rose
#Soft Rose: As you will probably notice, this shade is a little bit similar to the shade Sheer Petal, in the way of shimmer and in the pink family. However, the colour is far more pigmented, a slightly darker more mauve side of pink and is perfect to give more depth to your lips. The lovely aspect along with the Sheer shades, is that it is a nice natural shade that can be used for any occasion, time of day and make up look. I personally love this shade with the natural eye look of, just a touch of taupe eyeshadow as a base, liquid eyeliner cat eye and mascara. Perfect for everyday looks.

#26 Berry Delight
#26 Berry Delight: A perfect fall and winter season colour which is rich and warm. With a neutral undertone, it allows the wearer to be either cool or warm in their eye make-up pairing (also in the clothing department).The shade is still light enough to sport a darker eye without overwhelming the face or looking a bit too vamp, edgy. (Unless that is the look you're going for). This shade reminds me of mulberries, with it's dark purple/brown/blue hues to the lip colour. This is part of the Rich Lip Colour range and it is exactly as it says, rich and pigmented and moisturising. 

#31 Sheer Petal
 #31 Sheer Petal: A fabulous natural shade that brings out the pinky glow in anyone's skin. With microscopic silver and gold glitters, you can barely feel the shimmer. It is a lovely "My Lips But Better" shade that brightens and allows your skin to shine naturally. Perfect accompaniment with an understated eye or with bold and daring eye make-up. As is says on the tube, it is a sheer shade, so it isn't a think swipe of colour. However, the pigmentation and product that transfers onto the lips provides a magnificent sheen for almost every skin tone.

#28 Coral
 #28 Coral: Now this shade was a surprise, not in a bad way, but if you're expecting the exact colour it is in tube form, then I guess that would be in a bad way. I found this shade's formula was a little bit drier than it's predecessors and a lot lighter and cooler in colour on the lips than it is in the tube. However, I still love the colour as I don't have one like it and the formula is still amazing in that it still doesn't dry and flake my lips. This colour is definitely more bold than expected and reminded me a bit of a Nicki Minaj lip colour. Thankfully, not to the light and cool blue undertone, degree of that range.

#27 Classic Red
 #27 Classic Red: Now, there are a million red shades out there by different brands. Some good, some bad, some hideously dry and lacking. For me, this wasn't an necessity to purchase but I don't have this shade of cool based red (helps eliminate yellow looking teeth) and again the formula is to die for. M.A.C Cosmetics does have some great matte shades that have brilliant staying power, and teeth whitening abilities like Russian Red. But when I want a glossy, nurturing and nourishing brilliant red for any classic look, I would head for this one. I mean, come on, it has 'classic' in the name. (It's there for a reason).

#34 Sheer Nude
 #34 Sheer Nude: Like Sheer Petal, this shade has very small silver glitters which do not irritate my lips. It also provides a great colour pigmentation for a sheer lip colour. It is a more neutral shade compared to the Sheer Petal, which is more pink and this is more on the brown/mauve side of the spectrum. So when you want an uber natural lip and overall look with still some lip/skin glowing features than this is the shade for you. Just throw on with some mascara and blush and you're ready to run out the door.
Swatches with Flash
 As shown in the flash swatches, each colour does have a reflective sheen when first applied and is very similar to a tinted lip balm with much more pigmentation.
Swatches without Flash

So if you're looking for more of a lip colour with great consistency on the lips, pigmentation and hydration without the tough to remove colour staining than this is the product for you. I have never been more impressed in a lipstick than what I have found in this range of cosmetics.

You can find more information on the SAX cosmetics webside, HERE
If you are in Australia, you can find the range at THESE STORE LOCATIONS
If you are International than you can find it HERE or try Ebay relative to you country.

So I hope you found this helpful and informative for your lip colour and formula needs. If you have any questions, just comment down below and I'll do my best to answer them.

So until next time,

Hugs, Kisses &
Stay Classy Interwebs,

xo Tracy

Follow on Bloglovin

*All opinions, thoughts and recommendations are all of my own. I purchased all of the products with my own money and is not affiliated, sponsored or being paid for my review*

(Although I welcome any and all sponsors -_^)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram